ENGLISH 中文 CHINESE
The set of links below is aimed to help you stay on top of global investment trends, separating facts from opinions and real news from noise. I have designed this to help people investing offshore to find and focus on the information that matters. Enjoy your weekend!
Talk to us directly via our Concierge.
Las Vegas attractive to Elon Musk to develop Hyperloop, Ebay auction invests in Las Vegas data centers, Top Ranked Passports for Travel, U.S. lowering taxes for foreign investors, Financial Technology becomes hot sector…
Elon Musk bringing his vision of Hyperloop transportation to Las Vegas. A test track will be built in the same district as LeTV’s Faraday electric car startup. Source: 世界日報 2015-12-14
- The company plans to build its open-air test track on fifty of Apex’s 18,000 developable acres.
- Hyperloop Technologies envisions plans to build a route between Las Vegas and Los Angeles, focusing first on freight and then human transportation. With Hyperloop technology, travel between the two cities would take only 20 minutes.
- Hyperloop Technologies recently formed a relationship with China Railway International USA, a consortium led by the Chinese government railway company, which has committed $100 million to the XpressWest project Las Vegas Sun 2015-12-08
Ebay plans to invest in Nevada, proving once again it is one of the best states to do business in the United States. Source: RENO GAZETTE 2015-12-15
- The plan involves a $230 million capital investment to build a data center in Storey County outside of Reno — the same area where electric carmaker Tesla is building a battery factory.
- In Las Vegas, eBay plans to invest $182 million in capital to expand its data centers, and expects to hire two new employees at an average wage of $36 per hour, according to the AP.
- 2015 was another impressive year, with over 25 new or expanding companies adding over 3,000 new quality jobs to the region over the next few years and that does not include the thousands of secondary jobs (construction and retail),” said Mike Kazmierski, president and CEO of EDAWN.
How to profit from undervalued real estate in need of development or repair. OASIS 2015-12-25
- Speed is the key factor in repair or re-developing any real estate asset for profit.
- Building a network to locate undervalued opportunities is an essential step before launching into purchasing properties.
- This week’s case study provides a guide of how Oasis Partners has been producing profits using our resources over the past 5 years. OASIS 2015-12-25
U.S. encourages more investment in Real Estate by changing the way Foreign investors are taxed Bloomberg 2015-12-18
- President Barack Obama signed into law a measure easing a 35-year-old tax on foreign investment in U.S. real estate, potentially opening the door to greater purchases by overseas investors, a major source of capital since the financial crisis.r.
- FIRPTA has historically made direct investment in U.S. property a non-starter for trillions of dollars worth of foreign pensions
- The change “is a huge deal,” said Jim Fetgatter, chief executive of the Association of Foreign Investors in Real Estate. “There’s no question” it will increase the amount of foreign investment in U.S. property, he said.
- USA, United Kingdom, South Korea, France, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Singapore, Japan, Finland, Denmark, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Switzerland, Canada are ranked within top five groups who have access to 142 or more countries.
- China is ranked in grouping 45 with visa-free travel to 74 different countries.
- See top 5 groupings here: Oasis Top 5 Passports 2015
Former Wall St titans shake-up banking with FINTECH investments. Famous bank CEO’s and Investment bankers pouring money aggressively to disrupt the financial industry. Financial Times 2015-12-15
- Free of stringent regulation and legacy IT systems, fintech has become one of this year’s hottest sectors, with start-ups attracting billions of dollars of investment. In the third quarter alone, global investment into venture-backed fintech companies such as marketplace lending hit a record $4.85bn
- Goldman Sachs has estimated the emerging fintech industry could snatch more than $4.7tn in revenue and $470bn in profit from traditional financial services companies.
- Vikram Pandit, former Citigroup CEO
- John Mack, former Morgan Stanley CEO
- Joe Saunders, former Visa CEO, Hans Morris, former Citigroup banker and ex-Visa president
- Blythe Masters, former JPMorgan banker
- CHINA is a hotbed of FinTech innovation: Financial Times 2015-12-15
Oasis Global Partners has been focused solely on helping serious investors in China to safely diversify their assets into North America and Europe. Oasis investment groups and projects are strictly invitation only from trusted referral sources. If you have received this message from a friend and wish to learn more, please have the person who referred you contact us. We take pride in maintaining a tight knit and highly informed network of members, all of whom have a shared interest in diversifying their investments outside of China.
Shipwrecks. African drum beats. And those famous Bermuda shorts. This island’s culture is a rich fusion of British colonial history and African heritage that has developed into something unlike anywhere else in the world.
As Britain’s oldest colony, its influence continues to dominate our government, educational and legal institutions. You may spot one of our judges walking through Hamilton in a powdered wig, see a bobby directing traffic or overhear a passionate conversation about a local cricket match
Just a two hour flight from Toronto or New York, if you have a couple days to spare, you will see why the Queen of England maintains a huge estate on this island, as well as several prominent billionaires including Michael Bloomberg and Silvio Berlusconi of Italy. Whether you want to enjoy afternoon tea, world class golf, beaches so clean and pristine or just the peaceful attitude of this hidden paradise, Bermuda is a must visit destination affording privacy and luxury for even the most discerning visitors. If you consider yourself a serious golfer, then Bermuda must be on your bucket list. Bermuda holds the record for having the most golf courses per square kilometer of any country in the whole world. The Mid Ocean Club is world famous for its #5 “Cape Hole”.
OASIS FULLY SUPPORTS MSF.org, more commonly known as “Doctors Without Borders”. Médecins Sans Frontières was created in 1971, by a small group of French doctors and journalists who believed that all people have the right to medical care regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation, and that the needs of these people outweigh respect for national borders. MSF assisted China on multiple occasions including the historic Sichuan earthquake. For more information or to donate please click here.
On October 3rd 2015, the worst tragedy ever to happen to strike MSF happened when 14 of its medical and logistic staff were killed in Afghanistan by a U.S. military error. It must not be forgotten that all of these highly skilled professionals were not just donating their time, but also risking their lives to be compassionate towards people in most need of help.