ENGLISH 中文 CHINESE
The set of links below is aimed to help you stay on top of global investment trends, separating facts from opinions and real news from noise. I have designed this to help people investing offshore to find and focus on the information that matters. Enjoy your weekend!
Talk to us directly via our Concierge.
How much money does the entire world have? Hedgefunds suffering and closing down, Faraday Future shows up concept car in Las Vegas, Real Estate markets nervous in Hong Kong, Singapore, Sydney… Understanding U.S. elections strategy…
- Faraday, which last month announced its intention to build a $1 billion, 3 million-square-foot factory in North Las Vegas, has 550 employees already since forming in May 2014.
- Las Vegas is a perfect destination for incorporating a business and getting exposure to the biggest tradeshows in North America. It is the only city in the United States that can comfortably handle the annual Consumer Electronics Show.
- The concept vehicle highlights the company’s close ties to LeTV, the Chinese Web television giant that has promised a big push into electric vehicles. LeTV founder Jia Yueting is one of China’s wealthiest entrepreneurs and is backing several electric car efforts, including a venture with British sports-car maker, Aston Martin. (英文)Marketwatch 2016-01-04
- Real estate in Singapore just finished a second ho-hum year, with home prices down 3.7 percent from 2014. While a decline in prices doesn’t make people happy, the citizens should be thankful that the government managed to reduce the risk of a serious crash by softening the market. Two other comparable markets, Hong Kong and Sydney Australia are putting their homeowners and property investors at far higher risk.
- Property prices in all three cities (Singapore, Hong Kong, Sydney) saw a massive surge as Western central banks printed cheap money and Chinese home buyers embarked on a global hunt for assets. Singapore, however, effectively warded off the threat of a crash by aggressively taxing home purchases by foreigners and squeezing the supply of mortgage loans. It took some 12 rounds of increasingly harsher policy tightening between September 2009 and December 2013, but the city-state did eventually manage to tame the speculative fervor, a feat Hong Kong, pursuing a largely similar strategy, failed to achieve.
- The top five markets with the best potential for price appreciation this year are the U.S., Brazil, Spain, Ireland and the U.K, according to a survey by the Association of Foreign Investors in Real Estate.
Seneca Hedgefund follows many others in the Industry and closes down to outside money after losses. Financial Times 2016-01-01
- Founder Douglas Hirsch returns external investor money after the event-driven fund recorded losses of about 6 per cent this year. He will continue to manage his own money.
- Mr Hirsch is not alone. In December, $1.5bn LionEye, an event-driven fund run by Stephen Raneri and Arthur Rosen, said it was closing after losses of almost 20 per cent.
- Michael Platt’s BlueCrest also shutdown to external investors, saying the conventional “2 and 20” fees model — whereby hedge funds take an annual 2 per cent of an investor’s assets and a fifth of any profits — was “no longer a particularly profitable business”. Like George Soros, Steve Cohen and Stanley Druckenmiller, he has converted his business into a family office.
- “The amount of money that exists changes depending on how we define it. The more abstract definition of money we use, the higher the number is,” said Jeff Desjardins, an editor of Visual Capitalist
- For purists, who believe money refers only to currencies such as bank notes, coins, and money deposited in savings or checking accounts, the total is somewhere around $80.9 trillion
- The U.S. is responsible for nearly one-third of that global debt, while Europe follows at 26% and Japan at 20%. China, for all the criticism about its debt-fueled economic growth, owes 6% of the total.
How the parties in U.S. elections are calculating their odds of winning the 2016 election. What do conservatives have to do to win, or what do left wing liberals need to achieve to keep the Whitehouse? Five Thirty Eight 2015-12-03
- The link above leads to the most accurate forecasting consultancy in the business of statistics. Started by Nate Silver who has a near perfect track record at predicting election outcomes and other interesting statistics, he is hated by either party when his estimates disagree with what the parties want to see.
- You can use their website to simulate the election based on demographic groups. You can drag and drop various tools to see which groups of citizens need to agree in order to make a state conservative or liberal.
- For instance, Caucasian people without college degrees are now the bedrock of the Republican coalition: They voted for Mitt Romney 62 percent to 36 percent in 2012. However, their share of the electorate is rapidly shrinking: They skew older and more rural, and we project that their share of the national vote will fall to 33 percent in 2016, down from 36 percent in 2012. Nonetheless, they still factor heavily in battleground states such as Iowa, New Hampshire, Ohio and Wisconsin.
Oasis Global Partners has been focused solely on helping serious investors in China to safely diversify their assets into North America and Europe. Oasis investment groups and projects are strictly invitation only from trusted referral sources. If you have received this message from a friend and wish to learn more, please have the person who referred you contact us. We take pride in maintaining a tight knit and highly informed network of members, all of whom have a shared interest in diversifying their investments outside of China.
This is a country that has the oldest borders in Europe, with an exceptional range of different landscapes just a short distance away, lots of leisure activities and a unique cultural heritage, where tradition and modernity blend together in perfect harmony. Its superb cuisine, fine wines and hospitable people make this a tourist paradise of the highest quality.
Situated in the extreme south-west of Europe, just a few hours from any of the other European capitals, Portugal attracts visitors from all over the world. Come and discover the charms of this country too.
OASIS FULLY SUPPORTS MSF.org, more commonly known as “Doctors Without Borders”. Médecins Sans Frontières was created in 1971, by a small group of French doctors and journalists who believed that all people have the right to medical care regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation, and that the needs of these people outweigh respect for national borders. MSF assisted China on multiple occasions including the historic Sichuan earthquake. For more information or to donate please click here.
On October 3rd 2015, the worst tragedy ever to happen to strike MSF happened when 14 of its medical and logistic staff were killed in Afghanistan by a U.S. military error. It must not be forgotten that all of these highly skilled professionals were not just donating their time, but also risking their lives to be compassionate towards people in most need of help.